Even though the latest edition to our family has been getting a lot of attention, I have not forgotten about our "Bubby", as we call him. I don't quite know why we started calling him that, but it sure stuck!
Garrison is very smart and sweet, and loves reading books with me. He is starting to really talk. For example, some words he uses often are: peek-a-boo, up, hungry, I want that/this, thank you, daddy, mommy, night night, shoes, hello, and bye bye. He also is starting to respond to my threats to put him in "time out", for which I am grateful!
Garrison is also VERY spoiled by his daddy-- right down to making sure no other kid is taking his toy. The other night we were at our ward building for an activity and another (older, bigger kid) took the toy Garrison was playing with. Marcus practically tackled him to the ground, scolded him, and stole it back for Garrison! I told Marcus there is an unwritten rule among mothers (from what I have noticed) that whatever the problem there may be between 2 children, it is always your child's fault. For example, in this situation, the proper thing to do would be to immediately tell Garrison to share and say to the other mother "Oh, it's not all his fault, Garrison really needs to learn to share." Marcus thought that this method of handling things is nuts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I am so happy you started a blog!! It looks GREAT! I was laughing so hard about the whole unspoken rule between moms thing--that is so true!! I love to see pictures of you guys, Loralei is just precious!! I can't wait to meet her. You look so Fantastic too, it is hard to believe you just had a baby. Love you Sis!
LOL, that cracked me up!! Your little family is so cute. I feel like we have all been so busy this holiday season that we don't see much of anyone around here, huh? I'm still amazed at how well Loralei sleeps! Everytime I see her, she is sleeping. LOL! Hope you guys are doing good!
Hey cute blog. We have a blog as well. Check it out!
http://nevadabroadbents.blogspot.com/
What's up, Wilkersons!?! Just because you picked up some bug from the Guatemala water, that doesn't give you the excuse to not give us more of what we want - pics of your two little ones! We want more pics! :) Hee-hee.
Congrats on the new baby! Wait... that was 6 months ago. Hmmm maybe a new post would be nice.
Love ya,
Jen
Hey Mims! You've you've been tagged, that means you have something to post without pictures! I'll be looking forward to it!!! Love ya!
I love your blog! The unspoken rule is hilarious, I have to agree with your hubby, but it is so true nonetheless! Miss you sweetie! Love, Marilyn
So how old is Lorelai now? Like 3?
Hopefully you will come back and update when your child turns one
I seem to be leaving you one message a month, so I thought I'd leave you your June message.
Can't wait for an update!
Hey Miriam! I was just thinking about you guys, so I thought I'd "drop a line." I hope you all are doing okay!
Post a Comment