Monday, March 15, 2010

Things that make me laugh

The other day we were in the car just getting to Wal-Mart and Garrison was bugging Lorelei and may have hit her, although I'm not sure. I make him say 3 things (I'm sorry, I won't do it again, and I love you) almost all of the time and we proceeded to go through them but stopped short when he said he was sorry and his voice told me that he wasn't sorry one bit. I said "Say it like you mean it". He whispered back "it like you mean it" with a smurk on his face and I thought that was what he said but I said back "no, say it like you mean it" to which he replied again "IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT" very loud and slow. At this point I probably should have not laughed but I couldn't help it. I laughed pretty hard and so did they.

Garrison to dad last week: "Sometimes it's okay to lie... like when you're saying "sorry" ". (WHAT?!)

Garrison yelling in pain at me after he trips over the vacuum, stubbing his toes: "Mom, I wouldn't have done that if you'd put your vacuum away after you used it!" (He's remembering what I say to him after I trip over his toys)

4 comments:

Jamison Family said...

He's a smart one! Hiram hasn't figured out the "it like you mean it" yet! Maybe just a little new baby stuff - it'll pass :)

Rachel said...

What a smartie pants and sense of humor! :) I wish I could hug and kiss him! I wish I could hug and kiss you too!

Stephanie said...

Hahaha! He's young to pick up on the sarcastic comments. I can't control my laughter at things like that either. Drew is the one that makes me laugh all the time when I shouldn't.

Our Family said...

Ha!!!